BEM is assisted by the Professional Practice Committee in matters pertaining to “professional conduct” and “ethics” of the engineering profession; it responsible to hear and determine disputes relating to professional conduct or ethics of registered Persons or to appoint a committee or arbitrator or arbitrators to hear and determine such disputes.
How do we protect the public:
- Ensure only registered person and Engineering Consultancy Practice provides engineering services
- Investigate all complaints brought to it against registered person or engineering consultancy practice
- Conduct disciplinary hearing for complaint with prima facie case
- Take action against registered person pursuant to Section 15(1A) or against Engineering Consultancy Practice under Section 7A (5)
- Issue Notification / Guidelines / Circular as benchmarks for quality of service in the engineering profession