- Must have completed an accredited or recognized engineering programme;
- Has been assessed within their own economy as eligible for independent practice;
- Has gained a minimum of 7 years practical experience since graduation;
- Has spent at least 2 years in responsible charge of significant engineering work;
- Has maintained their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at a satisfactory level.
- Be a Registered Professional Engineer under the Registration of Engineers Act; and
- Be a Corporate Member of the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM)