BEM consists of 17 Board Members comprising of :
- 14 Professional Engineers from various sectors :
- 5 from public sector.
- 5 from private practice.
- 2 from local authority or statutory authority.
- 2 from private sector (full time employment).
- 1 representative of the Board of Architects Malaysia.
- 1 representative of the Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia.
Board Members are Professional Engineers, Architect and Quantity Surveyor of high standing and vast experience as in the opinion of the Ministry of Works and are able to render services and contribute towards that end. The appointment are by the Ministry of Works under Section 3 of the Registration of Engineers Act 1967. The Secretary and the Registrar who are Professional Engineers shall be ex-officio members.