Complaint Against Engineer Complaint Against Engineer

How to make a complaint

BEM is concerned on the professional conduct and ethic of the registered person / engineering consultancy practice. If you have any complaint against registered person under Section 5 of the Registration of Engineers Act / Engineering Consultancy Practice you may:

  1. Complete and sign the Complaint Form. If your concerns involve more than 1 registered person / ECP, a separate form is required.
  2. Please complete all fields with correct information to ease BEM in taking further action. Item 4 should be written precise and accurate for further submission to the person / ECP being   complained of.
  3. Attach relevant evidence that supports your complaint.
  4. Send the completed complaint Form together with the attachments to :

Professional Practice Department
Board of Engineers Malaysia
17th Floor, JKR HQ Building
Jalan Sultan Salahuddin
50580 Kuala Lumpur

  1. Please take note :
    • Contractual dispute does not fall under BEM jurisdiction, therefore should be solved in accordance with the terms of agreement signed / agreed by parties involved.
    • Complaint related to Local Authority should be directed to Local Authority concerned for action.
  2. The Complainant may be called at any time to assist BEM to testify on the complaint under own cost.
  3. Order under Section 15 of the REA will be made, if the complaint is proven after adhering to all complaint procedures.
  4. For further clarification regarding complaint and complaint procedure, please contact :

Professional Practice Department at 03-26912090 or email to [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]


Page views: