How to make a complaint
BEM is concerned on the professional conduct and ethic of the registered person / engineering consultancy practice. If you have any complaint against registered person under Section 5 of the Registration of Engineers Act / Engineering Consultancy Practice you may:
- Complete and sign the Complaint Form. If your concerns involve more than 1 registered person / ECP, a separate form is required.
- Please complete all fields with correct information to ease BEM in taking further action. Item 4 should be written precise and accurate for further submission to the person / ECP being complained of.
- Attach relevant evidence that supports your complaint.
- Send the completed complaint Form together with the attachments to :
Professional Practice Department
Board of Engineers Malaysia
17th Floor, JKR HQ Building
Jalan Sultan Salahuddin
50580 Kuala Lumpur
- Please take note :
- Contractual dispute does not fall under BEM jurisdiction, therefore should be solved in accordance with the terms of agreement signed / agreed by parties involved.
- Complaint related to Local Authority should be directed to Local Authority concerned for action.
- The Complainant may be called at any time to assist BEM to testify on the complaint under own cost.
- Order under Section 15 of the REA will be made, if the complaint is proven after adhering to all complaint procedures.
- For further clarification regarding complaint and complaint procedure, please contact :